We are delighted to have as our guest speaker, Evelyn Cusack, Meteorologist with Met Eireann and familiar to you all from RTE's weather service.
Ms Cusack will address such topics as:
- How do we know what the weather was like hundreds of thousands of years ago?
- Is there really global warming?
- Are hurricanes really getting stronger?
- Is the Arctic ice really melting?
- What's the difference between rain and showers?
- Weather and climate?
- Can fauna and flora forecast the weather?
- Is the southeast really the sunniest part of Ireland?
The presentation will also include an overview of how scientific weather forecasts are made.